ALWAYS BE CAREFUL OF BITES & SCRATCHES WHILE HANDLING WILDLIFE
We at Keen Street Veterinary Clinic happily accept wildlife(excluding snakes) for treatment for free within our normal opening hours.
If you have found any injured wildlife outside of these hours, we urge you to contact the volunteers of a local licensed wildlife group. If you need to keep wildlife for any period of time until the animal can be brought to us or a licensed carer, please follow the following directions:
- Secure them in a cardboard box or cage & ensure they cannot escape or get caught in the bars
- Leave them alone in a quiet area away from pets & people
- DO NOT FEED OR GIVE WATER TO ANY WILDLIFE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!
- Do NOT handle the wildlife more than securing them in a box. You must be aware that these animals can inflict nasty injuries & can carry diseases/parasites that can be passed onto humans. Seek medical advice if bitten or scratched.
- Get to a vet clinic or licensed carer as soon as possible
Capture & handling for these animals causes a huge amount of stress and may lead to death.
VOLUNTEER based 24 hour hotlines
Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers 0266281866
WIRES NSW 0266281898
Friends of the Koala 0266221233
Some of our beautiful past patients